Sunday, January 01, 2006

a last look at 2005

2005 was a blast!!! here are the highlights of my past year (in no particular order):

1. thesis

f***ing thesis!!! sleepless nights, countless overnyts, extremely large eyebags, some mild misunderstandings, loads of stress, new people to hate! but at the end of it all, there are still a lot of things to thank for, coz everything went well in the end =) (altho if u ask me, i wouldn't want to repeat that whole experience ever again! once is enough!)

2. bora

my second time to go to bora, but my first time to go with friends! it was our reward for all our hard work for our thesis and our college life as a whole! it was one of my most memorable experiences so far! banana boat, island hopping, walking along the fine (FINE!!!) beach sand, shakes, good food, cocktails and bonding, shopping, hot hot people, and partying all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! next tym im back there im getting myself a decent tan (hopefully!)

3. graduation

college life came to a close... it was fun and sad at the same time. no more homework, no more exams, no more thesis, no more terror profs! but then again, it was goodbye time to all my friends and with it comes the uncertainties of adjusting again to a new lifestyle, and responsibilities start to add up and can take quite a toll on you

4. job

job hunting was quite a challenge and drove me crazy for quite a few days. good thing i have my friends to help me with one of the most difficult (if not the most difficult) decision in my life =) ive been part of the working class now for 8 months and its going ok so far

5. bcs project

my baptism of fire (or is it just a taste?) at work. overtimes until 145 am, work at weekends, and endless cash flow reports! it was tiring but it was also fun, mainly because of the project team members, from the smart to the pldt to the sap peeps. i dont know how i could have survived the project without these people

6. it-csg

the best team!!!! work may become tedious, it may even drive me mad, but what keeps me sane are the people around me, my support system at work. our team is composed of a very young crowd, which makes staying in the office more fun because the environment is generally relaxed. all the people in our team are game, so there is never a dull moment when i am with them =) i am really thankful that i have such great teammates =)

7. new friends

from officemates to project mates to teammates, i feel really blessed to have gained so many friends in such a short span of time, moreover being close to some of them =)

8. digicam

my mom's grad gift =) (my first choice was a cr-v... i know, i know, it was wishful thinking, so i opted for the cam instead) i have long wanted to have one, so when my mom asked me what i wanted for my graduation present, i told her i wanted a digicam. and as someone who wants remembrances from important events in my life, i already have a collection of pictures taken from my cam stored in my pc =)

9. corporate christmas parties!

refer to my prvious post =) btw, i also received the best xmas gift that i didn't even ask for!!! =)

10. enhanced night life, and social life as well

since im already working and have more guts commuting at night, i have more resources that afford me to go out at night, unlike before when i can easily keep track how many times i went out in a span of a month (or a year even!)

2005 has been my best year so far =) i hope that 2006 will beat the record and kick ass!!!

happy 2006 everybody!!!!

They said:

Post a Comment

<< Home